Monday, July 8, 2013

MAC Angel Photos, Swatches & Review

I'm back! I apologize for the gap in posting... between work, life, and some medical issues, I had barely any time for this hobby of mine. But I'm back! And have accumulated a significant amount of summer beauty products that I'm looking forward to sharing with you.

For now, I am reviewing the lipstick and lip glass versions of MAC Angel, a color that I recently purchased for a big event I have coming up. I wanted a neutral pink that would brighten my face but not overpower my look. Angel has been very popular for the past few years after it was reported Kim Kardashian wears the lipstick with NARS Turkish Delight gloss on top.

mac angel lipstick lipglass swatches review

Angel ($15 each, lipstick and tinted lip glass, maccosmetics.com) is a light, neutral to blue toned pink with a frost finish in the lipstick version. It is not overly frosty, but I would love to see it in the Cremesheen finish, which is my favorite from MAC. The camera picks up the level of frost pretty well in the photo below:

mac angel lipstick lipglass swatches review

Both the lipstick (left) and lip glass (right) versions of Angel are well pigmented. The lip glass is even more impressive to me for the amount of pigment it has for a light pink, as I find most light pink glosses are either too opaque to be flattering or too sheer to add color. 

mac angel lipstick lipglass swatches review

The lipstick alone wears about five hours on me, and with the gloss, I can get another hour of it. This does fade quicker than some other MAC lipsticks I have, probably because it is lighter, and I tend to drink/talk a lot during my work day. While it looks pretty similar on camera, in person I find that adding the lip glass really makes this lipstick work better for me. I usually do not purchase coordinating lip glosses, but after trying it with the lipstick at the MAC counter, I had to have it. I feel like the gloss helps minimize the frost of it and just gives a great light pink glossy look.

MAC Angel is very close to Creme Cup, and Rimmel's Airy Fairy is widely considered a dupe for Creme Cup. Since I own Airy Fairy, I thought I would swatch it next to the Angel lipstick for anyone who is deciding between the two shades:


mac angel rimmel airy fairy dupe swatches review

The photo is blurry but I think the color comes off accurately - Airy Fairy (left)  is darker than Angel and without the frost finish. I did try Creme Cup in person and it looked very bland and perhaps chalky on me. Angel was much better for my fair skin tone.

My Two Cents: MAC Angel Lipstick & Lipglass


Pros:
  • Gorgeous color
  • Solid pigmentation
  • Coordinate very well together
  • Great everyday pink for light skin tones; has enough punch to complement smokey evening eye looks without competing with it
  • Great vanilla scent that all MAC lipsticks have
Cons:
  • Wear time is a little weak for MAC lipsticks
  • Frost finish isn't my favorite, but I would still repurchase it. 
Overall, if you are in the market for a every day pink lipstick and you are in the NC/NC 35 or lighter range, I would definitely try Angel! There's a reason it is a bestseller!

XO
Beauty Cents 

1 comment:

  1. Hi! thanks for sharing this helpful information with us. You are doing wonderful keep it up. Please visit Powderbrowsbyclaudia here for Ombre powder brows near me

    ReplyDelete