Friday, March 29, 2013

LORAC POREfection Baked Perfecting Powder Review

Lorac's POREfection Baked Perfecting Powder was featured during Ulta's 21 Days of Beauty promo this week, and as an oily/combination girl, I had to pick it up. I mean, it was 50% off! This product has salicylic acid in it and is supposed to minimize your pores and keep you matte, while keeping your skin clear and giving you moderate coverage. That's no small order!

The packaging is really substantial, the kind of product that you can toss in your bag and not worry about it breaking. Its very polished looking and the interior mirror is a nice size to have on the go.



So what's it look like on? First, a no (face) makeup shot for comparison:

Here's how it looks after one layer is applied. I used a powder puff (as recommended by the Ulta saleswoman) and kind of packed/placed it on. It is very powdery, so using it with a powder brush ends with a lot of product going all over the place. I saw this was a big complaint about it online, so I took my salesgirl's advice and bought a pack of velour puffs to apply. 

I definitely think you can see my skin tone is evened out from the one layer, including my blemishes around my jawline.

I applied to the right half of my face only for another comparison (yes I am aware I did more than half my forehead! I mean hey, I am not a professional here! :) ). Again, you can see there is some coverage going on but not a heavy look. Definitely light coverage.

Here it is after two layers, concealer and blush.

Final face:

Overall, this product gave me light to medium coverage that is definitely buildable. It did keep on pretty well throughout the day, but I had totouch up after lunchtime. The upside is that it is much more portable than the cream or liquid foundations that I am normally drawn too, and there is even enough space in the compact to keep my velour puff for on-the-go touch ups.

Since this contains salicyclic acid, you must must must moisturize before using if you have any dry areas or blemishes, otherwise it clings to those areas. The packaging say it isn't drying, but I'm not 100% sure I'd agree with that. If you are oily, this is awesome. I am oily/combo, and I think it works well for me.

The POREfection powder feels really light on the skin. If you are oily or acne prone and don't want or need a ton of coverage (or don't like the feel of makeup), I think this would be a great product for you. Even if you are used to moderate to full coverage, this is a great alternative for days that you want to let your skin breathe but still have some coverage and shine control. I haven't used this as a setting powder, but I am betting it would work well. I would even keep this in my bag for touch ups over my regular liquid foundations.

Have you tried this? What did you think?

XO
Beauty Cents

Products Used:
LORAC POREfection Powder in PF2 Light
Maybelline Age Rewind Dark Circle Concealer in Light
Laura Geller The Real Deal Concealer in Light
NYX Brown Kit in Medium/Dark
Sephora Creme Eyeliner in Black
Buxom Amplified Lash Mascara
Rimmel Airy Fairy Lipstick
NYX Mauve blush


1 comment:

  1. Great review! This powder seems very nice. Buildable coverage is what I'm looking for and I'm hoping this will minimize the look of pores.

    I didn't even think about using puffs for this powder. Good tip. Thanks. ^^

    ReplyDelete