Monday, April 1, 2013

Current Lipstick Faves: Rimmel Edition

Hi everyone!

I have been on such a lipstick kick lately. While I've always had a few staples in my makeup bag, I've never been a big lipstick person. I finally hopped on the lipstick train, however, and in my attempt to try a variety of colors and finishes, scoured the drugstore for promising yet budget friendly options. 

I am currently loving these two shades, both by Rimmel. They are Airy Fairy 070 from the Lasting Finish Line, and 101 from the Lasting Finish by Kate Moss line.

 Swatched: Airy Fairy on top, 101 Kate on bottom

I wound up with Airy Fairy because it has pretty much a cult following. It is supposed to be a dupe for MAC's Creme Cup, which I have seen in many YouTube makeup tutorials and always thought it was really pretty on fairer skin. So when I saw this hard-to-find shade at my Walgreens, I snatched it up and LOVE it! It wears really well and is a great "my lips but better" type color. It is a pinky nude that doesn't highlight my often chapped lips. I keep swiping this on when I have done a heavier cheek or eye and its the perfect complement.

 
Next is shade 101 from the Kate Moss collection. This is from the Lasting Finish collection, not to be confused with the matte collection. For differentiation, the Lasting Finish line has red packaging, while the matte line comes in black. Anyway, 101 is a great medium, blue toned pink. It wears just as well as the regular Lasting Finish line. It's bright without being too Barbie, Nicki Minaj-ish. I love having the little pop of color and I like to pair this with a clean winged liner look.

What are your current lipstick faves?

XO
Beauty Cents

No comments:

Post a Comment