Friday, April 26, 2013

Golden FOTD and Maybelline Illegal Lengths First Impression

Happy Friday! Today I am sharing a golden eye look I played around with and my first impressions of Maybelline's Illegal Lengths mascara.

In a previous post I wrote about Tarte's Smoldereyes jumbo liners and how I just am not a fan. I keep playing around with them to try and make them work for me, and I did have some success with them in this look. After running Laura Mercier Cafe Au Lait through the crease, I placed the Gold Smoldereyes jumbo liner in the outer and inner third of the lid, as well as under the lower lashline. In the center of the lid I placed NYX  Yellow Pearl and ran Antique Gold, a green-gold color, in the crease as well.
maybelline illegal lengths mascara review

Since I was having a good Smoldereyes day I thought I would try my luck with the skinny black Smoldereyes liner and lined my top lid and waterline with it.

For mascara, I used Maybelline's Illegal Lengths for the first time. Let's talk about that, shall we?

Maybelline Illegal Lengths Mascara First Impressions

Maybelline Illegal Lengths is a fiber extension mascara. Some people experience irritation or severe flaking of the fibers as they fall off from your regular lashes. As a lover of bold lashes, I am always looking for something give me a false-lash effect, and wanted to try this out. It did apply easily and this was only two coats.
 Once concern I have so far is that you can see the fibers sticking out at odd angles from my regular lashes...they look like they've gone haywire! I'll have to see if a lash comb helps with this, but if it just removes the fiber, what is the point? Granted, most people are not as up close to my lashes as these photos, but it is a bit annoying.

In comparing to my other mascaras, it does seem to give me more length and a good amount of volume. So far I am very interested to see how this mascara ends up working out and will be wearing it for another week or so before I give a full review.

FOTD Products Used:

Maybelline Age Rewind Dark Circle Concealer
NYX Eyebrow Cake Powder in Dark  Brown/Brown
Tarte Smoldereyes Jumbo Liner in Gold
 Tarte Smoldereyes Skinny Liner in Black
NYX Eyeshadows in Antique Gold and Yellow Pearl (round trio)
Laura Mercier shadow in Cafe au Lait (crease), Vanilla Nuts (browbone and inner corner)
Maybelline Illegal Lengths Mascara in Blackest Black (top)
Maybelline Lash Discovery Waterproof in Black (bottom lashes)

What products have you tried lately?

XO
Beauty Cents

No comments:

Post a Comment