Saturday, April 20, 2013

MAC Sketch: Swatch and in two FOTD's!

Hi there! One of my favorite eyeshadows to play with is MAC Sketch. It's part of their permanent collection and I see it used in YouTube tutorials quite often. I have had it in my makeup bag for years. Today I thought I would share swatches for any of you who have considered it or are in the market for a dark plum, as well as show you two ways I wore Sketch this week.
 Sketch is great because it is so blendable and buildable, like most MAC shadows. Want a light wash of medium plum? Does that. Want a smokey plum eye? Does that too. How about a wine liner? No problem. It is so versatile that it is no wonder many people consider it a staple. The swatch above is just one layer. Like with every other MAC shadow I have owned, the staying power on this is really impressive and literally lasts all day and well into the evening without a touch up.

So, how did I use Sketch this week? Have a look, and let me know what you think! I am always trying to improve and change up my techniques.

Sketch FOTD #1: Plum All Around
 Here I worked Sketch into the crease and lower lashline, with Lancome Color Design eyeshadow in #311 "You've Got the Look" on the lid. You've Got the Look is in the same family as Sketch but is a shimmer with a good amount of glitter in it. There's a good amount of fall out with this shadow, so I definitely recommend tapping it out well before applying to your lid. I also worked NYX Sahara (dupe for MAC Naked Lunch) along the lashline, inner corner and under the brown to lighten up. This ended up being a little more dramatic and bold than I normally do during the daytime, especially as a glasses wearer, but I was pretty pleased with it anyway!

 Products Used:
Lancome Teint Idole Foundation in Bisque 2C
NYX Mosaic Powder Blush in 06 Rosey
NYX Sahara
Lancome Color Design 311 You've Got the Look
MAC Sketch
Rimmel Scandaleyes Liner in Nude
Sephora Waterproof Smokey Cream Liner in Must Have (black)
Buxom Amplified Lash Mascara
NYX Brow Cake Powder in 02 Dark Brown/Brown


Sketch FOTD #2
Following the earlier FOTD's high level of vibrancy (for me!), I tried out a toned down use of Sketch by pairing it with a gold shadow on the lid and just blending the two pretty well.

I worked Sketch under my lower lash line, gold into the inner corner, and Kat Von D's Enjoy The Silence (from her True Romance Shadow palette in Saint) on the browbone. I am totally aware my eyeliner job is quite sloppy on this eye! But hey, I can't be the only girl who is flying out of the door on work mornings like a crazy person.


Products Used:
Palladio Cosmetics Herbal Wet/Dry Powder Foundation in Cypress Beige
NYX Mauve Blush
Rimmel Stay Matte Powder in Sandstorm
NYX Eyebrow Cake Powder in Dark Brown/Brown
Maybelline Age Rewind Dark Circle Concealer in Light
Victoria's Secret Beauty Rush Eyeshadow in Gold
Mac Sketch
Kat Von D Enjoy The Silence Eyeshadow
Revlon Colorstay Liner in Black Brown
Rimmel Scandaleyes in Nude (waterline)
Revlon Lip Butter in Strawberry Shortcake

What do you guys think? How have you used Sketch? Is it a staple in your makeup bag, too?


No comments:

Post a Comment