Monday, April 22, 2013

Kenra Platinum Blow Dry Spray Review

Hi everyone! 

You know that feeling you get when you have just found a really, really good product? Like you want to tell everyone you know about it? Well, I have been using Kenra Platinum Blow Dry Spray for almost a year, and I still have that feeling. I first received a sample of Blow Dry Spray from Ulta, and have just repurchased for the third time. Blow Dry Spray is designed to cut your blow dry time AND provide heat protection. The possibility of cutting blow dry time was enough to convince me to try it out.

kenra platinum blow dry spray review
According to the Kenra Professional website, the Blow Dry Spray also promises to:
  • "Dramatically decreases blow-dry time
  • Provides intense heat protection from damage and breakage
  • Lightweight formulation detangles, smoothes, and softens
  • Eliminates frizz and resists humidity
  • Provides long-lasting, healthy looking results"
For full disclosure, I have wavy/curly, medium thick hair that is always dyed and often blow dried and flat ironed. To blow my hair out straight can be a really tiring event day after day, taking me 35-40 minutes. It frizzes in humid weather and can also start to wave in the heat. Years of dying, bleaching, and flat ironing has also left my hair in lackluster condition.

Kenra's Blow Dry Spray seriously works! It cuts my dry time down to 20 minutes, and I value all of the extra time I have in order to get other things done in the morning! The spray is used on towel dried hair. I usually spray it 1-2 times on each third of my head, concentrating one spray on the top layer for ultimate heat protection and the second spritz on the underside to help speed up my blow drying process. A few weeks after using it I did feel it might be drying out my hair, but now having used it for a year, I do not feel that way anymore. My hair is definitely in better condition for using this product. Speeding up the blow dry process lets me blow my hair out straighter and sleeker than during a normal blow out, because I can dry a section much quicker and with less effort in pulling my hair taut with a brush. So, Blow Dry Spray protects my hair from my blow dryer, decreases the time I need to expose my hair to the blowdryer, and gives me a sleeker finish - meaning less flat iron time. It is no wonder my hair is healthier these days!

Although it has not been humid it quite a while here in the Northeast, I can also attest that during the hot humid summer of 2012, my hair held up better than previous years. It doesn't stay as sleek and straight as it did when I had a Keratin treatment, but for a spray-on treatment, Blow Dry Spray really does a great job of locking humidity out and keeping my hair from frizzing out.

If you have frizzy hair or are someone who loathes how long it takes them to blow their hair out in the morning, you really need to pick this product up. Even if it doesn't take you terribly long to blow your hair out, I feel like any product that can shave 10-15 minutes off of your morning routine is one worthy of having in your cabinet! It is also worth noting I have now seen another version of this spray called a "mist" that is designed for fine hair. I haven't tried it myself.

Kenra Professional is available at Ulta in varying sizes. The smallest one is $13.00; I have been purchasing the middle sized 3.4oz for $22 when I have a 20% coupon for Ulta. It is not available on Ulta's website but I have seen it on Amazon.

I hope if you pick this product up you love it as much as I do! What are some of your HG hair products or morning beauty time savers?

XO
Beauty Cents

No comments:

Post a Comment