Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Rimmel ScandalEyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal Review

I don't know about you, but as a working girl I appreciate two things in my beauty routine above all else: the ability to speed things up, and products with all-day lasting power. The latest Rimmel eyeliner to hit stores, the Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal skinny liners, are supposed to last all day, even on your water line. I consider Rimmel one of the better drugstore brands and knew I wanted to try these out given what they claim to do.
I picked Scandaleyes up in 001 Black and 005 Nude. Other colors I saw on the shelves include black with sparkle, brown, and taupe. I have seen various shades of blue and purple online, too.

Scandaleyes in 005 Nude and 001 Black

The Scandaleyes liners are very creamy and highly pigmented. As you can see from the swatch, the nude color is a medium beige and is actually really close to my skin tone. I love using the nude in my waterline to open my eyes and brighten them, without the obviousness and harshness that I feel white liners have on me. I have been using the Nude liner almost every day and in many of my FOTDs.

The black liner is equally impressive. It is so easy to work with, and doesn't tug at my eye lid at all. It smudges out really easily within the first minute of applying bit doesn't budge after that, which makes sense since they are advertised as smudge proof.

Both Scandaleyes liners really do last ALL day. While the nude is a little hard to tell because of how subtle it is, in black I can attest that after 6 hours it is still perfect on my waterline and after 8 it starts to fade a bit. On the lashline, it lasts until I take my makeup off, which varies but is usually about 14 hours of wear.

At less than $5 a pop, the Rimmel Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal liners are a must have for anyone who appreciates a long-lasting, creamy, easy to smudge liner. If you haven't experimented with a Nude liner on your waterline, I really recommend picking this one up, because it is safe for that area and doesn't irritate my sensitive eyes. If you are someone who already has multiple black liners (guilty as charged!), I feel like this is a great back up to have in your purse or wherever else.

I highly recommend these liners and feel they are as good as or better than many higher end kohl pencils. I purchased both of mine at Ulta but have also seen them at CVS, Walmart, and anywhere else Rimmel is sold!

Have you tried these liners yet? Let me know, especially if you have used different colors than me!

XO
Beauty Cents

No comments:

Post a Comment